Inflation is on the rise, and so is holiday spending. This can make saving money difficult, but it’s not impossible. In fact, many small ways to save money can add up over time. Here are nine tips that can help you get started!
1. Track your spending: Keeping tabs on your expenses can help you better understand where and how you’re spending money. There are a variety of budget apps that can help you do this.
Recommended Budgeting Apps: MINT or YNAB (You Need A Budget)
2. Make saving automatic: Set up an automated transfer each month to move money from your checking account into savings, so it’s done without you having to think about it.
3. Look for discounts: Before you buy something, add the Honey extension to your Google chrome for coupons. You can also look on the manufacturer’s website for additional savings.
4. Meal plan: Planning ahead for meals can help you avoid overspending on food and reduce waste. Try making a meal plan before heading to the grocery store, so you know exactly what you need and what prices are available.
5. Shop online: Shopping online can often result in saving money, as you can compare prices more easily. Just remember to factor in shipping and taxes before completing the purchase.
6. Cut back on luxury items: Cutting out small luxuries, such as daily coffee runs or impulse buys, can contribute to saving money over time.
7. Negotiate bills: Speak with your service providers, such as your cell phone provider, to see if you can negotiate a better rate.
8. Utilize subscriptions: Look for subscription services that offer discounts over time if you purchase them in bulk. This could be for items such as toiletries, cleaning supplies, and more.
9. Download Rocket Money (Trubill): Rocket Money could help you save money through budgeting, lowering your bills, canceling subscriptions, and more.
With these money saving ideas, you can find ways to budget better and save more. It may take some effort in the beginning, but once you’ve established a saving plan—it’ll become second nature!