Celebrity relationships get a lot, and we mean a lot, of scrutiny, and for a good reason. But even if some are for show or only last 72 days, there’s still a lesson we can learn from them.
So, let’s get right into it, shall we?
1. Keep it cute, and keep it private: Issa Rae and Louis Diame
When Issa Rae dropped her wedding photos, the entire world was like, “Whaaat?! When did she get engaged?”
But you know what, we can’t even be mad at her. Keeping things between you and your partner, plus your close circle allows for all those special moments to stay special.
2. Toxic in-laws aren’t worth the headache: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry
If you have to choose between your spouse or your problematic in-laws, we hope that Meghan and her royal boo have shown you the light.
3. Independence is a priority: Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith
You already know there’s a lot we can say about this marriage. But if we have to take away something, it’s that autonomy should 100% be a priority in any partnership.
4. Being your authentic self is always enough: Chrissy Teigen and John Legend
If there’s one thing about Chrissy Teigen, she’s going to make you laugh and be her true self wherever she is, and John loves her for it. Let’s all take notes.
5. Living kid-free is a lifestyle: Seth Rogen and Lauren Miller
If you have enough fun with your partner and feel like kids will prohibit that fun, then don’t have them. This pair seems pretty happy without.
6. Support your partner’s dreams: Michelle and Barack Obama
Did you even read Becoming? If you don’t have someone who’ll ride for you like Michelle and Barack did for one another, why even bother?
7. You can find love at work: Samira Wiley and Lauren Morelli
Your work bae is somewhere out there—don’t lose hope. Samira and Lauren met on the Orange Is the New Black set and have been going strong ever since!