Valentine’s Day is a day of love and appreciation for the special people in our lives, and planning ahead for it can be the key to a successful holiday. Here are some tips and tricks for getting ready early and making sure everything goes according to plan:
- Start Shopping Early – Instead of waiting until the last minute, start shopping for gifts as soon as possible. This way you won’t feel stressed about finding something last minute, and you can take your time deciding on the perfect present.
Check out our favorite Black-owned lingerie brand – Love Vera
- Plan a Special Outing – Making plans to go out or do something different together can make Valentine’s day even more special. Consider going somewhere new or doing something out of the ordinary to make your outing extra memorable.
Make Valentine’s Day a two-day celebration and come to our Love Jones event on Tuesday, Feb 2/15 – The Love Jones Cafe
- Make Dinner Reservation in Advance – Booking dinner reservations in advance is always a good idea; this way you can guarantee that you will have a table when it matters most!
Try DC’s newest Black-owned restaurant – Bronze H St
- Order Flowers Ahead of Time – Nothing says I love you like flowers, so ordering them ahead of time ensures they’ll arrive just in time for Valentine’s Day.
Order flowers from DC’s newest Black-owned flowers shop – Seven Petals
- Set Up Something Special At Home – If you don’t feel up to going out, setting up something special at home is always an option as well! Whether it’s decorating your living space with romantic touches or cooking a delicious homemade dinner, nothing beats spending quality time together!
A night at home wouldn’t be perfect without one of our favorite Black-owned wines – Michael Lavelle
With these tips in mind, why not get started on planning your perfect Valentine’s Day today? It may take some effort upfront, but it will be well worth it in the end when everything runs smoothly!